What Is a Community Group?
Community Groups are small gatherings of people that build relationships, grow in Christ, and serve the community.
At Gaines Church, our goal is to help people become more like Christ in their daily lives. Christianity is not a Sunday-only thing. Community Groups help people move beyond a Sunday – morning faith.
Our Community Groups emphasize three things:
- Relationships: A Community Group develops relationships with one another, taking care of the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of each person in the group.
- Discipleship: A Community Group studies lessons that are designed to help participants understand God, His Word, and what it takes to live as a new creation.
- Service: A Community Group serves in the church and community, developing ways to help those around them. Each Community Group engages in at least two service projects a year.
Types of Community Groups
Gaines Church has Community Groups for people at all different stages of life. Most Community Groups consist of 8-12 people. They typically meet in a person’s home during the school year. While each group determines their own schedules, groups typically meet every other week for 1-2 hours.
How You Plug In
During the promotional month leading up to a cycle, you can sign up for a Community Group through the Communication Card in your Sunday Bulletin.
What we Value
- Authentic, loving relationships
- Biblical study that is application-oriented
- Honesty and confidentiality
- Serving in the community
- Leadership development
- Times of rest
For more information about Community Groups, click here to email Kelly Burnside.